Name: XI Bei-dou
Date of Birth: Oct. 13, 1969
Position: Professor, Chinese Research Academy of Environmental Sciences(CRAES)
Address: Dayangfang 8, Anwai Beiyuan, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100012
1999.5-2002.7 Ph.D in Department of Environmental Sciences & Technology, Tsinghua University
1996.9-1999.5 Master in Environmental Engineering, Lanzhou Jiaotong University
1988.9-1992.7 Bachelor in Environmental Engineering, Lanzhou Jiaotong University
2016.11-now Deputy Director of National Engineering Laboratory for Site Remediation Technologies
2015.2-now Director of State Environmental Protection Key Laboratory of Simulation and Control of Groundwater Pollution, CRAES
2014.1-now Director of Innovation Base of Groundwater and Environmental System Engineering, CRAES
2013.11-now Doctoral Supervisor in Beijing Normal University and Tsinghua University
2013.11-2014.3 Senior Visiting Scholar in Columbia University, US
2008.11-now Professor, Chinese Research Academy of Environmental Sciences(CRAES)
2003.9-2008.11 Associate Professor, Chinese Research Academy of Environmental Sciences(CRAES)
2002.7-2003.7 Post Doctor in University of Regina, Canada
1992.7-1996.7 Technician in Lanzhou Water Pump Plant
2018.8-now Head, Chinese Invention Association - Environment branch
2018.7-now Head, Chinese Engineering Consulting Association - Ecological Environment branch
2016.7-now Director, Industry Alliance for Groundwater Pollution Prevention and Remediation
2016.1-now Chairman, Chinese Scientific and Technological Innovation Alliance for Resource Utilization of Livestock and Poultry Wastes
2015.9-now Deputy Chairman and Head of the expert group, Chinese Association of Environmental Sciences - Solid Branch
His research fields include solid waste disposal, solid waste resource utilization and secondary pollution control, environmental protection and remediation of contaminated groundwater. He is sponsored by "National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars". He is the awardees of "National Ten Thousand People Plan", "National Ten Million Talents Project", and "National Environmental Protection Professional and Technical Talents". He undertakes over 20 national research projects in the field of nutrient criteria and standards for lakes, comprehensive improvement of rural environment, coordinated control of surface water and groundwater, and reuse of solid waste. He has published (as first or corresponding author) 163 SCI indexed articles, 9 books, and the total cited frequency is over 7000. He has obtained (as first inventor) 84 national invention patents, 6 international PCT patents. He has won several awards such as the National Science and Technology Progress Award. He is also the editor of several scientific journals such as " Resources, Conservation and Recycling", “Environmental Science Research", "Environmental Pollution Prevention and Control".
1. Lake nutrient criteria and standard in shallow lakes in eastern region and demonstration in Lake Taihu. 2012-2015.
2. National lake criteria and eutrophication control standards. 2011-2013.
3. Rural environmental comprehensive improvement and resource utilization technology integration and demonstration of northern cold water scarcity towns. 2012-2015.
4. EU–China Environmental Sustainability Programme - Demonstration of Pollution Discharge Management for Water Quality Improvement in the Songhuajiang-Liaohe River Basin. 2013-2016.
5. Groundwater risk evaluation and classification management in hazard waste landfills. 2009-2012.
6. Environmental management policy research on groundwater in EU. 2013-2016.
7. Groundwater pollution evaluation, classification and prevention. 2013-2016.
1. Peng, X. Xi, B.* Zhao, Y. Shi, Q. Meng, X. Mao, X. Jiang, Y.Ma, Z. Tan, W. Liu, H. (2017) Effect of Arsenic on the Formation and Adsorption Property of Ferric Hydroxide Precipitates in ZVI Treatment. Environmental Science &Technology, 17:10100−10108.
2. Tan, W. Xi, B.* Wang, G. Jiang, J. He, X. Mao, X. Gao, R. Huang, C. Zhang, H. Li, D. (2017) Increased electron-accepting and decreased electron-donating capacities of soil humic substances in response to increasing temperature. Environmental Science & Technology, 6:3176-3186.
3. Cui, J. Wang, X. Zhang, J. Qiu, X. Wang, D. Zhao, Y. Xi, B.* Alshawabkeh, A Mao, X. (2017) Disilicate-Assisted Iron Electrolysis for Sequential Fenton-Oxidation and Coagulation of Aqueous Contaminants. Environmental Science & Technology, 14:8077-8084.
4. Tan, Wenbing. Zhang, Yuan. He, Xiaosong. Xi, Beidou.* Gao, Rutai. Mao, Xuhui. Huang, Caihong. Zhang, Hui. Li, Dan. Liang, Qiong. (2016) Distribution patterns of phthalic acid esters in soil particle-size fractions determine biouptake in soil-cereal crop systems. Scientific Reports, 31987.
5. Xi, B. He, X. Dang, Q.* Yang, T. Li, M. Wang, X. Li, D. Tang, J. (2015) Effect of multi-stage inoculation on the bacterial and fungal community structure during organic municipal solid wastes composting. Bioresource Technology, 399-405.
6. He, X. Xi, B.* Zhang, Z. Gao, R. Tan, W. Cui, D. Yuan, Y. (2014) Composition, removal, redox, and metal complexation properties of dissolved organic nitrogen in composting leachates. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 227,227-233.
7. Ma, Zhifei. Yang, Yu. Jiang, Yonghai. Xi, Beidou.* Yang, Tianxue. Peng, Xing. Lian, Xinying. Yan, Kun. Liu, Hongliang. (2017) Enhanced degradation of 2,4-dinitrotoluene in groundwater by persulfate activated using iron–carbon micro-electrolysis. Chemical Engineering Journal, 311:183-190.
8. Li, R. Feng, C.* Hu, W. Xi, B. Chen, N. Zhao, B. Liu, Y. Hao, C. Pu, J. (2016) Woodchip-sulfur based heterotrophic and autotrophic denitrification (WSHAD) process for nitrate contaminated water remediation. Water Research, 171-179.