Professor in Soil fertility and Plant Nutrition
College of Natural Resources and Environment
Northwest Agriculture and Forestry University
Memberships in Scientific Societies:
Chinese Society of Plant Nutrition and Fertilizer Science
Chinese Society of Soil Science
1. Soil test and fertilizer recommendation for wheat
2. Soil, water and nutrients management in dryland cropping system
3. Fertilization, crop quality and environmental effects of fertilizers
1. Sen Wang, Zhao-Hui Wang, Sha-sha Li, Chao-peng Diao, Lu Liu, Xiao-Li Hui, Ming Huang, Lai-Chao Luo, Gang He, Han-bing Cao, Rong Yu, Sukhdev S. Malhic. Identification of high-yield and high-Zn wheat cultivars for overcoming “yield dilution” in dryland cultivation, European Journal of Agronomy, 101(2018): 57-62.
2. Gang He, Zhaohui Wang, Hanbing Cao, Jian Dai, Qiang Lia, Cheng Xue, Year-round plastic ?lm mulch to increase wheat yield and economic returns while reducing environmental risk in dryland of the Loess Plateau. Field Crops Research. 225 (2018): 1–8.
3. Gang He, Zhenling Cui, Hao Ying, Huifang Zheng, Zhaohui Wang, Fusuo Zhang. Managing the trade-offs among yield increase, water resources inputs and greenhouse gas emissions in irrigated wheat production systems. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2018, 164: 567-574
4. Laichao Luo, Zhaohui Wang, Ming Huang, Xiaoli Hui, Sen Wang, Yue Zhao, Hongxia He, Xiang Zhang, Chaopeng Diao, Hanbing Cao, Qingxia Ma, Jinshan Liu. Plastic ?lm mulch increased winter wheat grain yield but reduced its protein content in dryland of northwest China. Field Crops Research. 218 (2018): 69–77.
5. Hanbing Cao, Zhaohui Wang, Gang He, Jian Dai, Ming Huang, Sen Wang, Laichao Luo, Victor O. Sadras, Marianne Hoogmoed, Sukhdev S. Malhi. Tailoring NPK fertilizer application to precipitation for dryland winter wheat in the Loess Plateau. Field Crops Research, 2017, 209: 88–95
6. Sen Wang, Zhaohui Wang, Yajie Gao, Lu Liu, Rong Yu, Jingjing Jin, Laichao Luo, Xiaoli Hui, Fucui Li, Menghua Li. EDTA alone enhanced soil zinc availability and winter wheat grain Zn concentration on calcareous soil. Environmental and Experimental Botany, 2017, 141: 19–27
7. Ming Huang, Zhaohui Wang, Laichao Luo, Sen Wang, Xiaoli Hui, Gang He, Hanbing Cao, Xiaolong Ma, Tingmiao Huang, Yue Zhao, Chaopeng Diao, Xianfeng Zheng, Hubing Zhao, Jinshan Liu, Sukhdev S. Malhi. Soil testing at harvest to enhance productivity and reduce nitrate residues in dryland wheat production. Field Crops Research, 2017, 212: 153–164
8. Gang He, Zhaohui Wang, Xiaolong Ma, Hongxia He, Hanbing Cao, Sen Wang, Jian Dai, Laichao Luo, Ming Huang, and Sukhdev S. Malhi. Wheat Yield Affected by Soil Temperature and Water under Mulching in Dryland. Agronomy Journal, 2017,109:1–9
9. Gang He, Zhaohui Wang, Fucui Li, Jian Dai, Xiaolong Ma, Qiang Li, Cheng Xue, Hanbing Cao, Sen Wang, Hui Liu, Laichao Luo, Ming Huang, Sukhdev S, Malhi. Soil nitrate–N residue, loss and accumulation affected by soil surface management and precipitation in a winter wheat-summer fallow system on dryland. Nutr Cycl Agroecosyst, 2016: 106: 31-46
10. Gang He, Zhaohui Wang, Fucui Lia, Jian Dai, Qiang Li, Cheng Xue, Hanbing Cao, Sen Wang, Sukhdev S. Malhic. Soil water storage and winter wheat productivity affected by soil surface management and precipitation in dryland of the Loess Plateau, China. Agricultural Water Management, 2016, 171: 1-9
11. Hui Liu, Zhaohui Wang, Rong Yu, Fucui Li, Keyi Li, Hanbing Cao, Ning Yang, Menghua Li, Jian Dai, Yaling Zan, Qiang Li, Cheng Xue, Gang He, Donglin Huang. Ming Huang, Jinshan Liu, Weihong Qiu, Hubing Zhao, Hui Mao. Optimal nitrogen input for higher efficiency and lower environmental impacts of winter wheat production in China. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 2016, 224: 1-11
12. Zhao-Hui Wang, Yan-fang Miao, Sheng-Xiu Li. Wheat responses to ammonium and nitrate N applied at different sown and input times. Field Crops Research 199 (2016) 10–20
13. Fan Wang, Zhaohui Wang, ChanglinKou, Zhenghua Ma, Dong Zhao. Responses of Wheat Yield, Macro- and Micro-Nutrients, and Heavy Metals in Soil and Wheat following the Application of Manure Compost on the North China Plain. PLoS One. 2016; 11(1): e0146453.Published online 2016 Jan 15. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0146453
14. Jian Dai, Zhaohui Wang, Menghua Li, Gang He, Qiang Li, Hanbing Cao, Sen Wang, Yajie Gao, Xiaoli Hui. Winter wheat grain yield and summer nitrate leaching: Long-term effects of nitrogen and phosphorus rates on the Loess Plateau of China. Field Crops Research, 2016,196: 180-190
15. Hu-Bing Zhao, Zhao-Hui Wang, Cheng Xue, Dong-Lin Huang, and Sukhdev S. Malhi. Increased Dryland Winter Wheat Yields by Nitrogen Fertilizer Topdressing and its Relationship to Soil Moisture, Available N, P and K in Northwestern China. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 2016, 47(5): 543–553
16. Zhao-hui Wang, Yan-fang Miao, Sheng-xiu Li. Effect of ammonium and nitrate nitrogen fertilizers on wheat yield in relation to accumulated nitrate at different depths of soil in drylands of China. Field Crops Research 183 (2015) 211–224
17. Jian Dai, Zhaohui Wang, Fucui Li, Gang He, Sen Wang, Qiang Li,Hanbing Cao, Laichao Luo, Yaling Zan, Xiaoyu Meng, Wenwei Zhang, Ronghui Wang, Sukhdev S. Malhi. Optimizing nitrogen input by balancing winter wheat yield and residual nitrate-N in soil in a long-term dryland field experiment inthe Loess Plateau of China. Field Crops Research, 2015,181:32-41
18. Fucui Li, Zhaohui Wang, Jian Dai, Qiang Li, Xiang Wang, Cheng Xue, Hui Liu, Gang He. Fate of nitrogen from green manure, straw, and fertilizer applied to wheat under different summer fallow management strategies in dryland. Biology of Fertility and Soil. 2015,51(7): 769-780.
19. Ning Yang, Zhaohui Wang, Yajun Gao, Hubing Zhao, Keyi Li, Fucui Li, Sukhdev S. Malhic. Effects of planting soybean in summer fallow on wheat grain yield, total N and Zn in grain and available N and Zn in soil on the Loess Plateau of China. European Journal of Agronomy. 2014,58 63–72
20. Hui Liu, Zhaohui. Wang, Fucui Li, Keyi Li, Ning Yang, Yuee Yang,Donglin Huang, Dongli Liang, Hubing Zhao, Hui Mao, Jinshan Liu, Weihong Qiu. Grain iron and zinc concentrations of wheat and their relationships toyield in major wheat production areas in China. Field Crops Research 156 (2014) 151–160
21. Jianwei Wang, Zhaohui Wang, Hui Mao, Hubing Zhao and Donglin Huang. Increasing Se concentration in maize grain with soil- or foliar-applied selenite on the Loess Plateau in China. Field Crops Research. 2013,150:83–90
22. Wang Jian Wei, Mao Hui, Zhao Hu Bing, Huang Dong Lin, Wang Zhao Hui. Different increases in maize and wheat grain zinc concentrations caused by soil and foliar applications of zinc in Loess Plateau, China. Field Crops Research. 2012,135:89-96